Learn to Ride a Motorcycle
Due to COVID19 Governor’s Orders impacting access to our range at the high school, we are not currently conducting Riding Academy courses. Students enrolled in impacted courses will be contacted to reschedule when we are able to restart classes. Available class dates subject to change. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. For questions, please email: TAMMY@msi5.com
Stop Dreaming, Start Riding
Now has never been a better time to learn how to ride a motorcycle. The Palm Beach Harley Learn to Ride Program gives you all you need to get your license on the road in no time. The Motorcycle Course with Palm Beach Harley’s partner, the Motorcycle Training Institute, Inc (MTII) is open to everyone, whether you currently ride a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle or not.
Basic Rider Course
When you take a Basic Rider Course with MTII:
- Learn to ride a motorcycle.
- Classroom located at Palm Beach Harley-Davidson
- Riding will be at John I. Leonard High School located a short distance from Palm Beach H-D
- MTII is Florida’s largest provider of the MSF Basic RiderCourse since 1998. They are dedicated to providing the best possible environment for your safety and learning experience.
- The Basic Rider Course is a research-based and action-oriented core curriculum designed to teach beginning motorcyclists of all ages the physical and mental skills necessary to ride safely on the street.
- It includes basic motorcycle operation, maximum effective braking techniques, turning skills, obstacle avoidance maneuvers, classroom instruction and (10) hours of “on cycle” training.
- RiderCoaches for the program are all experienced motorcycle operators who are nationally certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF). Student workbooks, helmets and motorcycles are provided by MTII.
Start with Jumpstart, a motorcycle mounted to a stable platform; it cannot move. You will be given helpful pointers and then you will be guided through safely mounting the motorcycle and operation of the primary controls.
You will be guided through starting the engine, operating the controls (including the throttle!), and then you will have a chance to run through the gears. Shifting will be explained and you will have the opportunity to learn in a low risk, low pressure, environment. Jumpstart is free to use and you can give it a try just about any time.
WHAT WILL I NEED TO REGISTER?
You’ll need a valid automobile driver’s license or learner’s permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL GEAR?
You’ll need to bring the following:
- Full-fingered gloves
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants with no holes
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket